Development Policy Advocacy Programme (DEPAP)
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE: To strengthen youth emancipation efforts and participation in policy reforms, democratic decision-making processes and sustainable human and community development initiatives.
- Undertake public policy research & analysis in Education and labor markets sectors to create space for youth participation and cause reforms for quality education & create linkages for youth absorption in labor market.
- Engage in evidence based advocacy to influence leaders in order to impact growth and development that is responsive to youth needs and capacities.
- Create partnership linkages with national, regional and international youth focused organizations and networks to build synergies that create opportunities for youth.
- Train and mentor youth on how to engage as responsible, committed and productive leaders of impact in the community.
- Strengthen youth structures at district, sub county and learning institutions with self-advocacy skills and constructive Dialogue skills.
- Create and strengthen youth round table dialogue platforms at community level (media/field radio broadcast).
- Increased level of interface and dialogue between youth representatives and their leaders on policy formulation /reforms and development issues.
- District and Sub county leaders are influenced and increasingly making “community demand driven” responsive policies.
- Youth leaders effectively participating in decision making processes at all levels of leadership and governance to influence policy outcomes.
- Increased level of effectiveness and efficiency in service delivery from both the public and private sectors.
- Human Rights of youth and other vulnerable members of the community is recognized, respected and protected by those in authority.