Peace Education Promotion Program (PEPP)
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE: To promote peaceful coexistence and harmony; in order to enhance greater opportunities for youth empowerment and development.
- Organize & participate in annual peace day celebrations (21st September).
- Build capacity of youths and community leaders in nonviolent skills.
- Establish peace clubs in schools (primary, secondary & tertiary institutions).
- Organize peace camp for youth & community leaders
- Organize radio talk shows on peace building & conflict transformation.
- Increased acceptance and use of non-violent methods to resolve conflicts.
- A violence free society that is increasingly harmonious and peaceful as people understand the benefits of diversity in their midst.
- Reduced hostility and tension in the community as mutual trust and confidence is developed.