Youth Community Development & Leadership Program (YCDLP)
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE: To create grass root community development champions to drive transformation from bottom-up.
- Organize capacity building engagements for active yet informal youth structures within faith/cultural institutions and SME Youth structures, VSLA groups etc.
- Provide leadership and vocational skills training for “out of school” youths
- Organize cross cultural dialogue platforms and exchanges to promote mutual learning, experience sharing and innovations.
- Support creation of community resource centers/libraries to accelerate learning.
- Create voluntary community service clubs to promote environmental conservation, primary health care and good neighborhood practices.
- Informal youth groups are better organized, recognized and actively participating in community governance and development Processes.
- Informal youth groups are innovatively using tangible and intangible cultural resources to positively influence community economic development and governance.
- Cultural and tribal barriers are broken due to cross cultural dialogues.
- An increasingly secure, healthy, productive and self-reliant community.